As demonstrated at our Club Meeting on July 3, 2022
by Ellen Harcourt
Serves: 12 people.
Preparation time: 1 hour.
- 2 lbs. Green Seedless Grapes
- 2 lbs. Red or Purple Seedless Grapes
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 C. Sour Cream
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Pecans, chopped
- ½ C. White Sugar
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
• De-stem all the Grapes. Rinse them and pat dry.
• In a large mixing bowl, mix softened Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, White Sugar and Vanilla Extract until fully incorporated. Add all the Grapes to that mixture and stir gently to coat all the Grapes.
• Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle Brown Sugar over it. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving sprinkle each portion with Nuts.
"Sour Cream" - In North America, Australia and New Zealand it's called Sour Cream, but in the UK it's called Soured Cream. It's a dairy product made by fermenting Cream with certain kinds of Lactic Acid Bacteria. It's commonly used to make Dipping Sauces, Soups and as a topping for Baked Potatoes. It's also used extensively in Tex-Mex cuisine, like Chili. It's "cousins" are Greek Yogurt and French Créme Fraiche.
All content Copyright © 2006- The Villages Gourmet Club. All rights reserved. No part may be included in another website or advertisement.