Serves: 6 people. Preparation time: 1 hour.
• In a medium-size heavy saucepan, combine cream and cinnamon. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly to thoroughly blend cinnamon into cream, just until Cream begins to steam. Do not boil. Remove from heat.
• Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
• In a medium bowl, whisk Eggs, Egg Yolks, Sugar Substitute and Salt together until pale yellow and slightly thickened.
• Using a soup ladle and whisking constantly, very gradually pour in the hot Cream. When all the Cream has been added, whisk in the Vanilla Extract.
• Pour about ½ cup of the Cream mixture into each of six 4-ounce custard cups (or pour entire mixture into a 2-quart round baking dish).
• Place the cups or baking dish in a roasting pan. Carefully pour enough boiling water (about 4 cups) in the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups or baking dish. Cover the pan with aluminum foil while cooking to keep moisture in your Custards!
• Bake until Custard is still slightly loose in center, about 30 minutes. (Bake the baking dish about 5 minutes more). Using an oven mitt, carefully remove cups from water bath. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold, toping each serving with a squirt of Whipped Cream and 1 tablespoon of Caramel Syrup.